114g (4oz ) butter
85g (3oz) sugar
227g (8oz) self-raising flour
2 medium-sized eggs
4 ripe medium-sized bananas
(For a lighter cake - decrease the amount of banana and edge up the sugar to 100g)
1. Heat oven to 180C (lower slightly for fan-assisted ovens).
2. Grease baking tin or glass ovenware dish.
3. Mash bananas with a fork until there are no pieces larger than 1cm.
4. Cream sugar and butter together then mix in the eggs and mashed banana.
5. Sift in the flour and combine.
6. Scrape into tin or glass dish and bake for 30 minutes before lowering the temperature to 150C for a further 30 minutes.